Saturday, February 6, 2010

Technology

I am aware of how much technology truly does run my life. For the most part, I like to believe that it is a necessity. Whether it be for homework (such as this) or sending emails to communicate with people I otherwise wouldn't be able to talk to. Without technology we would not advance as people. There are some people who believe that technology is advancing us in the wrong direction, making us lazier, and more dependant on it than ever. This may be true, but my personal opinion is that if someone takes it upon themselves to be aware of their use of technology then we will grow faster. I do not want a TV in my room, and I have no video game system. That being said I do use technology in my downtime, or when I am bored. I believe that it is OUR personal responsibility to decide, and change the way our lifestyles.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on technology advancing. I too use electronics in my down time, however I also go out and play outside with my little cousins. Technology is a vessel to understanding what is around us. That being said technology is what made this world what it is today. Me personally would not want to grow up in any other place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do use alot of technology in our everyday lives. I can't think back to a time when I didn't use it in some way. Sometimes I think what I would have done if cell phones were never invented?!?! It would be crazy, but then again maybe not because I wouldn't have known a time of having one. When I think about technology, I often wonder... What's next?? What's going to be the next big thing in technology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you say how it is a necessity. We cannot pass college without the use of a computer and the internet. But when you speak of how we will grow faster with advances in technology, just how much faster do you want this world to grow. There are already too many people using too much to sustain us at the rate that we are going. If we get any larger or go any faster in just about any way, we are going to either ruin more of the little bit of mother nature what we have left, or we are going to not be satisfied with it and continue the cycle unilt we will inevitably meet our demise.

    ReplyDelete