Friday, March 26, 2010

Ending to A Clockwork Orange

This ending seemed to remind me a lot of the ending to 1984. Both of those ended somewhat tragically with not the person dead, but so much useless. Alex resorted back to his old ways tragically showing that he was in fact NOT reformed. However just as this kicks in, he seems to fantasize about a family he might have after running into one of his old droogs. This can be seen as a ray of light in which Alex seems to have something good come from the situation. Maybe there is hope that one day he will throw off his violent ways on his own free will. Forcing him to do this however will not work.

2 comments:

  1. This dream that Alex has of a family someday, will never happen for him, if this was real i would not want it to anyway! After the things he has done, and being released from prison still having those thoughts is outrageous. He is a violent person, and obviously has no shot in changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Alex isn't going to change if he is forced. I think that alot of people are like this. I know that, not that I commit crimes, but I not going to change who I because someone wants me to. It takes a real person to realize the wrong that they have done and make it right. So I commend Alex for growing up.

    ReplyDelete